I love mixing this syrup with Bulleit Rye for a really nice tasting whiskey ginger or with Club Soda for a super refreshing drink that our kids love.
- Around 4 oz. of ginger root, sliced thin, skin on.
- 2 cups of water
- 1 cup of granulated sugar
- Put the ginger, water, and sugar into a medium sauce pan. Be sure to use something non-reactive (your normal stainless saucepan is fine).
- Bring it all to a boil.
- Reduce heat, and let it simmer for around 35 to 45 minutes. I usually get tired of waiting toward the earlier end.
- Strain it to remove the solid ginger.
I usually store it in a mason jar in the fridge. Makes around a cup and a half of ginger syrup.